iaqualink not activating actuators (intake and outtake)

DenverSun28

Sep 20, 2019
Buffalo, NY
I just opened 2yo pool for the first time myself. Everything seems to work fine, however I cannot activate the actuators to move from pool mode / spa mode. I can manually change these through the toggles under the Jandy 2444 actuators, but they do not seem to respond to the iaqualink controller. The app on my phone shows that I can toggle spa mode on/off, just nothing actually happens. I also cannot activate spillover either (from the iaqualink app). I didn't winterize the pool so not sure if I missed something that I dont know about. Thoughts?

Check that the actuators are plugged into the suction and return sockets in the Aqualink.

I have heard of them being disconnected when a pool store winterizes the system.

Just a follow-up to complete the thread with resolution.

So, this was 100% human error. I didnt know how the actuator valve toggles worked. The winterizing company rightfully set the toggles in the middle "off" position. I incorrectly assumed that the iaqualink system needed to see the toggles in this same position as to not override the valve positions associated with the toggle positions 1 and 3. Once I put these in either the 1 or 3 position and used the app, system works perfectly... and now I feel a bit moronic. Live and learn..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.