iAqualink Losing Connection When Making Change

I’ve been having the same connection issue described in this thread as well as a few others on the site. My pool is about 18 months old and everything worked perfectly until Jandy did their server maintenance at the end of March.

When I called Jandy tech support about the issue in March, I was told they migrated to a new server during their maintenance outage. The rep said that the new server had some bugs they were working through. He told me the server upgrade was done so that they could support a new and improved app user interface, where they were planning on merging the regular app functionality with the “web” tab functionality. He said that they had been experiencing some isolated outages after the maintenance period, but they would be resolved soon. That was over 3 months ago and still having issues!

During the last 3 months I have called tech support well over 10 times without any resolution. I’ve gone through a whole litany of troubleshooting exercises, from resetting the app, reinstalling the app, resetting my profile location, resetting my entire online account, resetting my system remotely through Jandy’s network, router resets and antennae replacement.

My internet bandwidth was also measured at over 50 mb per second where my antennae is located and it has all signal bars showing up. This was measured at the same time I experienced a connection freeze.

We escalated to my local authorized Jandy repair company and they were unable determine the issue, so they brought out the local Jandy rep to investigate.

They both agreed it was likely a software issue on the server side and not anything hardware related. Several inside tech support reps and my local rep have said all customers with this connection issue all have att internet service. Although my internet provider and router are the same today, as they were when my pool was setup 18 months ago and working fine, they think there may be a connection with att customers having this issue. However, my neighbor with identical Jandy setup and att router has no issues.

When the Jandy rep came out, he was confident that another reset through the Jandy network would do the trick. I told him that I’ve done that multiple times over the phone with tech support and he assured me that he was doing some sort of advanced reset that hasn’t yet been done on my system. Just like all the other resets, it worked for an hour or so then went back to having the exact same connection issues.

The Jandy rep assured me they would make it right, but after 3 months of not having a properly working system, I’m fed up with the excuses and lack of resolution.

That brings me to my first post on trouble free pool!

Has anyone else with this connection/freezing issue gotten it resolved? If so, what did you do?

Can you also mention who your internet service provider is?

Thanks,

Mike

I'm where a bunch of you are now, I have the orbi, I have the Iaqualink, it worked fine for 2 months, (at least I did not notice a problem but it's winter so only occasionally have I used the app, they were able to set it up without issue at least. About 6 weeks ago I had my first occasion of the app telling me I'm offline. Through a ton of trouble shooting the best I can understand is there is something with the Orbi router that conflicts with the Iaqualink and when you try to access the app/ website control is when it loses connection. The local Jandy rep was out today and replaced everything, it made no difference. It's not a signal issue, which is obvious...and the whole reason we all got an Orbi is we don't want poor wifi signal around the house but the work around is to have a different router running 2.4ghz only and just connect the iaqualink to that.....even at 1mbps I'm oeprating fine. As most do with the Orbi I deactivated my wifi on my att router, but now I had to turn it back on (make sure it's on a different channel from the orbi) then it so far has connected fine and kept the connection. Another work around would be to hard wire the Iaqualink but if this holds then there's no reason to.

Oh by the way I called netgear support which I thought they were being helpful until they started blaming my computer (having a computer or not having a computer has no impact on this issue) and they wanted me to pay $200 for them to first fix my computer THEN they could fix my disconnecting issue, this is purely a scam.

Since this is an old thread, I will reiterate what I said before, have you increased your security cipher? When I just had a low one I think plain WEP, I could not connect with one of my Jandy components even though the others worked. Jandy even sent me a new control panel for that device thinking it was bad. It did no good so on a lark, I increased the security to "WPA2" and everything magically started working.

I had that problem with my Orbi too when I first tried to set it up. One thing they don't mention which caused me a lot of frustration - iAqualink will not connect if you are in service mode. You have to be in Auto mode in order to make the WIFI connection.
This just solved my problem... well that and moving the satellite and a firmware update... but taking it out of service mode (which it is temporarily in for other reasons) was the final solution. Thanks!

Same thing is happening to me, and happens every single time I go to make a change to my start/stop times of my equipment. Pool stays connected forever with no problems, day or night, summer or winter, etc. The ONLY time it ever drops and can't come back online is when I go to "Schedule", and try to add a 3rd device schedule. I have Pool Light, Spa Light, and their start/stop times already set. But when I go to add the 3rd (filter pump), the screen kind of blinks, as if that 3rd line is there, but it still just shows me 2 rows on the screen; one for pool light, and the other one for spa light. So I don't see the "filter pump" row. so I try and go "back" it says "you must save..." so I click "save", it says "start/stop times must not be the same". There is no row where the start/stop times are the same. The pool and spa rows are 3 hours apart each, from their start/stop times. I made no changes to those. They have been working the same start/stop for 4 years. Nothing is wrong with those.
Why does it keep telling me "start/stop times must be..."? Where is the 3rd row for filter pump?
This tells me that the web link I am using on my laptop has a glitch. I login via Google Chrome, go to my account, go to the Web link, and now I am at settings. This only happens here. If I have two rows of devices in my schedule, it works fine. I I try to add the 3rd or 4th device such as filter pump or polaris or both, it makes those rows invisible. literally only the first two rows are visible. So I have tried deleting the entire AquaLink from my Zodiac and starting over (which means reprogramming everything again). I also delete the device from my network.
Again, get everything re-setup after 20 minutes. Connects to my network fine. No problems.
Go to add the 3rd device, everything breaks again. "Waiting for connection..." for hours. Never comes back.
So I delete the device / serial number from my iAquaLink account, and delete it from my network.
Reset it up again on my network, connects fine. reset all of my date/time settings, buttons, etc. Connects fine. I can turn on the pump. turn on the polaris. turn on spa. turn on lights, all is fine. Add a start/stop for pool lights. all fine. Add a start/stop time for spa light. again, all fine. I can push all sorts of buttons on my laptop and phone, all fine.

Go to add the 3rd device, air blower... doesn't matter what device I add as the 3rd one, it blows everything up. Can't add it, can't see it, can't delete it, can't change it. Have to blow it all away again and start over.

Does it happen on my iPhone app? Yes. There too. That's where I first discovered it. Have i tried on different laptops? Yes. Have i tried using a different browser? Yes.

What in God's name is wrong with this thing?

Same thing is happening to me, and happens every single time I go to make a change to my start/stop times of my equipment. Pool stays connected forever with no problems, day or night, summer or winter, etc. The ONLY time it ever drops and can't come back online is when I go to "Schedule", and try to add a 3rd device schedule. I have Pool Light, Spa Light, and their start/stop times already set. But when I go to add the 3rd (filter pump), the screen kind of blinks, as if that 3rd line is there, but it still just shows me 2 rows on the screen; one for pool light, and the other one for spa light. So I don't see the "filter pump" row. so I try and go "back" it says "you must save..." so I click "save", it says "start/stop times must not be the same". There is no row where the start/stop times are the same. The pool and spa rows are 3 hours apart each, from their start/stop times. I made no changes to those. They have been working the same start/stop for 4 years. Nothing is wrong with those.
Why does it keep telling me "start/stop times must be..."? Where is the 3rd row for filter pump?
This tells me that the web link I am using on my laptop has a glitch. I login via Google Chrome, go to my account, go to the Web link, and now I am at settings. This only happens here. If I have two rows of devices in my schedule, it works fine. I I try to add the 3rd or 4th device such as filter pump or polaris or both, it makes those rows invisible. literally only the first two rows are visible. So I have tried deleting the entire AquaLink from my Zodiac and starting over (which means reprogramming everything again). I also delete the device from my network.
Again, get everything re-setup after 20 minutes. Connects to my network fine. No problems.
Go to add the 3rd device, everything breaks again. "Waiting for connection..." for hours. Never comes back.
So I delete the device / serial number from my iAquaLink account, and delete it from my network.
Reset it up again on my network, connects fine. reset all of my date/time settings, buttons, etc. Connects fine. I can turn on the pump. turn on the polaris. turn on spa. turn on lights, all is fine. Add a start/stop for pool lights. all fine. Add a start/stop time for spa light. again, all fine. I can push all sorts of buttons on my laptop and phone, all fine.

Go to add the 3rd device, air blower... doesn't matter what device I add as the 3rd one, it blows everything up. Can't add it, can't see it, can't delete it, can't change it. Have to blow it all away again and start over.

Does it happen on my iPhone app? Yes. There too. That's where I first discovered it. Have i tried on different laptops? Yes. Have i tried using a different browser? Yes.

What in God's name is wrong with this thing?

This EXACT thing was happening to me. I called Jandy and their tech support was able to do the programming remotely. I have not tried to change it since.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.