IAqualink /Jandy TruClear SWG automation

jc_miami

May 3, 2019
Miami, FL
Is my understanding that to control the Jandy TruClear SWG with iAqualink automation I need to install RS485. Is this correct? Also once installed can I set up automation to turn off the SWG when spa mode is on? And the opposite, turn it on in pool mode?

Sorry gotta change this post thanks Allen for pointing out I posted incorrect information.

I think you can do exactly what you describe in the SWG setup screen on Aqualink. I don't have a spa so never tried it but seems to be what you are asking for.

1570197749386.png

Last edited:
Pentair ET and IntelliCenter does have the ability to lower SWG output in SPA mode.

Where can I get a RS485 cable from? PB insist that Jandy does not recommend connecting the Truclear with iAquaLink RS4 which is why it didn’t come with the RS485 cable. I’m going to do it myself If I can find the cable.

Where can I get a RS485 cable from? PB insist that Jandy does not recommend connecting the Truclear with iAquaLink RS4 which is why it didn’t come with the RS485 cable. I’m going to do it myself If I can find the cable.

Use any 4-wire solid core 22 gauge or larger cable.

Reactions: mastervic27
FYI, I can control my SWG during SPA mode through the web app. My pool builder set it to 10% last year, don't know the reasoning behind it. It seems like to me if I am in the SPA with friends for an extended time I would probably want some chlorine generation going on. I do make a habit of running the spillover for 10 or 15 minutes before moving to SPA mode to cycle fresher water into the SPA.
aquapure.png

FYI, I can control my SWG during SPA mode through the web app. My pool builder set it to 10% last year, don't know the reasoning behind it. It seems like to me if I am in the SPA with friends for an extended time I would probably want some chlorine generation going on. I do make a habit of running the spillover for 10 or 15 minutes before moving to SPA mode to cycle fresher water into the SPA.
View attachment 375193

What is your chlorine level when testing? Do you test the spa separately? The spa is a much smaller body of water.

What is your chlorine level when testing? Do you test the spa separately? The spa is a much smaller body of water.
Just in general? My pool math logs should be visible. I try to run on the high end of the recommend levels. I have neve tested the spa separately. My assumption is when I run the spillover, I am taking the known good water that is tested frequently and mixing in/replacing the water in the spa with it. Therefore spa levels should be close to my tested levels before getting in. I should probably test the spa after we use it for an extended period of time. Just to see how it changes and if the FC level drops. I also run the spillover after we are done with the spa to again refresh the spa water and mix the "bad" water back into the much larger pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.