iAqualink Help Needed

ismisecaoimhin

Jun 7, 2022
Melbourne, Australia
Moved from HERE

The kit Allen above listed will include a WiFi antenna and a board like the below (the pictured board is a PDA board, the RS board will say RS on it) which goes onto the back of your main board. Once you swap that board, the personality of your system will switch from PDA based to APP/Computer based. You'll like it a whole lot better. Make sure you are buying the IQ30-RS and NOT the IQ30-A! I have done this swap myself and it is very easy.

You can most likely sell your old PDA and antenna (even broken) on ebay for a couple hundred dollars.

View attachment 408569
Hi all,
New to this forum so apologies if I should be starting a new thread.
I have pretty much the same board as the OP. I also have the same PDA board as above. Rev. 7.1. However the installer (before my time) has pasted an RS wiring diagram in the cabinet.
I have an iAqualink IQ900 kit that has been connected via CAT5 and worked until recently. Recently it started disappearing off the network for days and then coming back on its own. Now it won't come online at all. CAT cable tested and fine. Light just stays red on the IQ900.
So two questions:
1. I keep seeing that the PDA version cannot be controlled from the web, but I can (used to be able to) log into iaqualink.zodiacpoolsystems.com (from anywhere) and control my pool equipment, including schedules, etc. With the kit pictured, can someone explain how I can do the web control bit without the RS board?
2. Is it common for the IQ900 (hard-wired) to fail? Looks like the cost of replacing is US$500 or so? Can I replace with the IQ3.0?
Many thanks for any thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_6414.jpeg
    IMG_6414.jpeg
    542.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6412.jpeg
    IMG_6412.jpeg
    426.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6410.jpeg
    IMG_6410.jpeg
    491.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6408.jpeg
    IMG_6408.jpeg
    379.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6404.jpeg
    IMG_6404.jpeg
    223.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6403.jpeg
    IMG_6403.jpeg
    463.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4945.jpeg
    IMG_4945.jpeg
    510.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
iQ3.0 is the antenna/interface only. You need the board and upgraded chip to make it work.
iQ30-RS kit.
Thanks, 1poolman1. But my point is it has worked for a couple of years without the RS - as far as I can see. And by "worked" I mean that I could control via an app on my phone or via the web (iaqualink.zodiacpoolsystems.com). Not sure about "programming", but certainly on/off/setting schedules, date/time, etc. It just stopped recently when the IQ900 seems to have failed - red light stays on with CAT5 attached and no Aqualink WiFi appears when switched to WiFi. The handheld device still works.
Can anyone clarify if the RS provides more? Or am I misinterpreting what I have (based on the pics posted).

Doco I can find online (pic attached from https://au.iaqualink.com/-/media/zo...4100.pdf?rev=2a77233a83c34400a8bb902747580053) indicates the PDA will work WITHOUT replacing the CPU board if it is firmware 6.0 or higher. Mine is 7.1.

Still keen to know if these iAquaLink units fail often?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 4.24.00 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 4.24.00 pm.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.