iAqualink Error "Multiple RS485 Devices"

Dec 23, 2012
My system did not start this morning. Use iAqualink to iqpump01 to control the pump and One Touch to control everything else.

The App kicks back an error with "Multiple RS485 Devices" title and "Error: Multiple RS485 devices appear to be connected to the pump. Only one RS485 device can be connected. See installation instructions for more details."

Any idea where to start - the pump wiring block perhaps?
Thx
Mark

Fixed (I think). This is an APP/FIRMWARE UPDATE REQUIRED issue. The pump started once the update was requested.

A little frustrating the iqpump01 "Quick Clean" did not function (basically the iqpump01 buttons were fully functional but without the app nothing works). I started to tear apart the controller and pump wiring to check continuity...

Hopefully this helps someone with a similar problem:
Under the System Settings (cog/wheel under my pump)
Under General Settings.
There was a new menu item (it's gone now), system update (I think).
Clicked on it and a message about a FIRMWARE UPDATE required. I clicked on that and a screen appeared saying 10-15 minutes to update. Meanwhile I called Jandy just in case there was some other issue given the new year "2020", I'm thinking Y2K all over again.
As I was talking to technical support I heard the motor spool up. Jandy support said they didn't know anything new, so I guess the firmware has been sitting out there for quite a while and I didn't know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.