iAquaLink can't add new system with online or iPhone app

pmj

Jan 4, 2023
Hello,

After my Jandy PDA failed (blank screen even with new batteries), I got some advice on TFP and bought a new iAquaLink 3.0 IQ30-RS Web Connection Upgrade kit. However, when I try to “Add Location” in the online iAquaLink web app, and enter the device number from my door tag, I get a message saying, “Enter A Valid Serial Number”. When I try again with the Add System screen in the iAquaLink iPhone app, I get a message saying “Connection Error Unable to Add IQ20 Device. Please try again”.

I purchased the kit online from PoolCleaningSupply.com (no returns - no warranty -- understood because I'm not a professional). I installed the new power center and antenna furnished in the kit with no problems. It connected to my WiFi with no problems. I reset the power center, checked that all the pumps and lights worked in Service mode, and left it in Auto mode when I tried to add the new system on the apps. All three indicator lights on the antenna unit are lit (not flashing).

When trying to add the device in the online or iPhone apps I used the Device Number on the antenna and on the door tag, which matched. I tried this 5 times with each app, with the same result each time.

I saw a thread on TFP that suggested making ensuring the power center is in Auto mode, reset, and entering the Device Number with no spaces or extra characters. None of that helped. Fluidra product support is closed until Monday, so I can't check with them.

Any advice would be welcome.

Sincerely,

Peter Jacobson
Livermore, California

One possible thing, the manual says to register the product prior to trying to use the web interface or app.

Maybe this is what you are doing when entering the serial number, but they specifically say to go to the site:

www/iaqualink.com/ssid

Then click on the product registration tab on the top and enter all your info and product name, etc.

You may have to register the product and add your serial number there before the app, or the web interface recognizes the new serial number.

You may already be doing this, but I thought I would list it out if you might have skipped the product registration step.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: HermanTX
Update: I called Fluidra tech service at 800 822-7933 when they opened Monday morning. They asked me for the device number and added it as a location. Took them 30 seconds. Now both the desktop and iPhone apps can access my iAquaLink. Wish I knew what I did wrong over the weekend. Oh well, time to play with the new user interface!

Thanks to PoolGate and Mark for your help.

Reactions: MSchutzer
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.