IAquaLink App…Connection Error

dland55

May 15, 2022
CA
Hello all! I’m not sure where to post this and am new to the forums but I am officially losing my mind. My iAquaLink app stopped working yesterday and I have tried everything. Each time I open the app it says: Connection Error. There was a problem loading your devices. Please check your network connection and ensure that you have a stable connection with good signal strength.

The funny thing is when I log in through the website iaqualink.com the device shows online and I can control it without issue. My Orbi mesh shows the iAquaLink with a good signal and all the lights are on on the iAquaLink.

I have tried power cycling, toggling the Wi-Fi wired switch and joining the network many times. I have tried removing and adding the device via the web. I have removed the app and reinstalled. Logged in and out. You name it I’ve done it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The only thing I have not done is clear memory…is that a big deal? Would I need to reprogram everything? Soooo frustrated….thanks in advance!

Sorry originally posted this in the wrong forum!

Logout of the app. Then clear the app cache and data just memory. Then start again and login. No need to reinstall. Screenshot_20220515-160604_Settings.jpg

The app accesses AQUALINK from the web just like the browser. It's odd the web browser app works but not the phone and pad apps. Maybe turn off wifi on one of the devices and just use your phone provider internet access.

Yeah sounds like it was bad login cache data from the app. Reinstalling frequently still uses old cache data. Gotta be a way to clear that on Apple.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I just solved it but in a weird roundabout way….I created a new user and added my pool to the new user and it works. I have no idea why that solved it but I guess I’ll take it?
Having the same problem. Can login from computer browser, but not the app. When I switch my system to service mode (yellow dot), the app recognizes that so obviously it is connected! Goes back to red dot when I switch to auto.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.