I would like to get my pH down so I can stop getting stains

danomite

Aug 14, 2010
Hi,

have you been able to get rid of the stains and keep them from reoccurring now?
Originally in this topic. Split off into a new topic. JasonLion

Can someone help me with the following? :

Here are my numbers:

TA: 90
CH: 250

pH: 7.4 - 8.2

I have the same problems with my 3 year old fiberglass pool, and this year is extremely terrible. Muriatic acid takes the stains away, and putting sequesterant seems to help. But this year is different.

I have to put pH- every day. Once I put pH-, the level drops to 7.4. But the next day, it goes up to 8.0-8.2. It happens every day without a doubt, and it doesn't rain over night. The only thing is I put a little bit of chlorine in. (granules)

I would like to get my pH down so I can stop getting stains, but I just can't get my pH that low. I can't even get it to stay at 7.4.

I know that the municipal water has no iron in it, so my only guess is all the earth used in the landscaping around the pool gets into the water, and I think there's iron in the soil.

Does this make sense?

I hope someone can help.
Thanks a lot

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
Welcome to TFP!

Could you give us some more information. Do you have a complete set of water test results? What do you use as a source of chlorine? There are several chemicals that "granules" might contain. Does your pool have any water features (fountain, spa, waterfall, etc) and do you use them?

Other Threads of Interest