I want a SWCG...I dont think I have enough room and what should I get?

ashtonbritney

Bronze Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Albemarle, NC
All right...on to the next big pool thing for me. :) The house I just bought has an older pool/filter but seems to be working great so far. If you have seen my other posts you will know it went from black to pool party fun! :) Anyways, its not very pretty to look at....but do I have enough room? Would I have to make 90 angles and extend and back? Also, what is a decent but not break the bank SWG? As usual, I really do appreciate all of your help and advice. Without it my family wouldnt be swimming! poolpump.jpg

The pictures show the suction side plumbing. A SWCG is the last device before the water returns to the pool on the return side, so after the heater.

Circupool makes good standalone SWCG's. Be sure it is sized for at least 2X your pool volume.

Easy enough to make room.

You would just need to turn that 90 coming out of the multi-valve so that it heads towards you in the picture. Install the flow switch and cell and then loop back and turn down into the ground.

The Hayward AquaRite is a good middle of the road SWG. Or Circupool seems to provide good bang for the buck.

Make sure it is sized for at least double the volume of your pool.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm ... now Marty has me wondering. I thought the pipe heading to the back was the backwash pipe ... and that the heater must not be plumbing in ...

E

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm ... now Marty has me wondering. I thought the pipe heading to the back was the backwash pipe ... and that the heater must not be plumbing in ...

Wait...are you saying my heater isnt plumbed in? I havent even attempted to look at it yet...I was planning on cleaning the case, burners etc and then trying to get it going in the next week or so.

We cannot tell from your pictures. The return plumbing I think is on the other side of the filter and heater.

That pipe that goes into the ground by the pump, might come back up to the left of the heater (we can't see) and then go through the heater. If this is true, then the SWG needs to be installed after the heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.