I think I have a leak on new pool

Dave31410

Bronze Supporter
Feb 27, 2018
Savannah, GA
Three times I have added water to get the level just over the top step (which is also just over half way up the skimmer opening). It seems to go down about an inch and then stop. Leads me to believe it is in the step or skimmer gaskets. Calling the pool builder Tuesday. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

Hey Dave, first off in the fall is when my pool loses the most water to evaporation. The hot dry air just sucks it up. But.....being that its not been terribly hot nor dry here in Georgia this week... well... next step is to perform a bucket test!

For your pool I'd take a clean white bucket (they type you buy from big box hardware stores) and fill it up about 3/4 with water and place it on your pool steps. Mark your water level in the bucket *and* in the pool. The idea is that if its evaporation both should lose at the same rate. If its a leak, the pool will lose more by measurement than the bucket.

Some folks don't put the bucket in the pool steps but we want to duplicate the pool conditions as much as possible, such as how wind is hitting it and so on.

Try that and let us know. Make sure if you have an automatic filler that its turned off.

Maddie :flower:

Update: Pool was still leaking. Tech came out again and found a rip in the liner next to the light. They are going to replace the liner under warranty. I hate to have to go through this but I guess it is necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.