I probably need to shock, but...

the swg was off the entire time I shocked, I just restarted it now.
The whole reason I thought I needed to shock originally WAS the excessive consumption, but I had a few days lag time before I started the process due to time constraints.
I did a second oclt last night since the fc was 8.0, cc .5 last night at 9pm. I had the generator off anyway so I thought I should double check I was done shocking. Anyway, the tests were identical at 4 this morning, so I'm feeling good there. I'm a little shaky on my cya testing, but I've always tested it in the range of 50-60, repouring the liquid back into the tube a couple of times, etc so I'm probably pretty close. My plan was to get cya up to 70, keep the Cl a little on the high side, and see how I do for the next few days. the pool is in 100% full sun all day, so that could partly be accounting for a lot of cl use.
My pH is 7.4 right now, so I was going to wait until it drifts up closer to 7.7/7.8 to add the cya.
thanks for your input, do you think my plan is pretty good?
(still learning!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.