I need to choose between diamondbrite or River Rok..

I actually haven’t had any thick ice since I built. First year 2 inch thick last year only about 1 inch. All the rain and warmer weather we got kept ice thickness down.

My deep end bench is 21.5 inches measured from under my coping. So top of tile down 21.5 inches.

I actually haven’t had any thick ice since I built. First year 2 inch thick last year only about 1 inch. All the rain and warmer weather we got kept ice thickness down.

My deep end bench is 21.5 inches measured from under my coping. So top of tile down 21.5 inches.

Wow.. I had about 10" last year . I guess our winter conditions are not comparable.... ?

Nothing to my knowledge. We add a good amount of modifier to the plaster (same as what's used with glass finishes) to make extra sure the pebbles stay in the matrix.

Sounds like the River Rok with a polished finish and a bicarb start up would be my best bet.

I realize pricing for such things can be very different depending on location but could you tell me how much a polished finish add add to the cost of one of your average pools?

I will reach out to the PB to see if the plaster installer offers such things. I highly doubt it but it is worth asking...

Thanks again.... Rich..

We went with diamond brite in French Gray color and are happy with it. I did not want the reflectivity of the white based colors. Here are a few pics. View attachment 114311View attachment 114312View attachment 114315

Thanks for the pics... :cheers:

The French Grey seems to be the closest to the med Grey plaster we have now. The water color does "appear" to be a bit lighter then what we would like. I am afraid to go with the onix as it might be to dark.... :scratch:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.