I need some clarification

I just went to add CYA to my Intex 24' above ground pool (I know, signature needed)
My dilemma is that I don't have a skimmer box on this pool so I decided I would dissolve the powder into a bucket and spread across pool. Well turns out CYA doesn't like to dissolve all that well.

After pouring this sludge into the pool I discovered there were chunks in what came out of the end of the bucket.
I jumped into the pool to crush these as well as I could but when I hopped in I felt a bit of a"slime" along the bottom of the liner. I am hoping this is just the cya and not an algae growth. I have been adding chlorine daily and the pool is otherwise clear. I couldn't see any build up of algae along the pool just this slimy feeling underfoot

Yes, I think CYA does feel a little greasy when dissolving in a bucket. Just stir it about daily until it dissolves.

Next time put it in a sock and hang it so that it is in front of a return yet not directly against the vinyl liner. Squeeze it now and then and milky white fluid will come out of the sock as it dissolves.

Maddie :flower:

Thanks Heaps for the advice YippeeSkippy. I can stop freaking out now.

I am still waiting to get a better testing kit so I haven't been able to test CC to see if there are any problems in the water.
I haven't smelt that CC smell in the pool so it did come as a bit of a shock when I felt this in the pool. I will definitely put it in a sock next time

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.