I made the switch to liquid 😊

Sep 25, 2016
Reidsville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've been in this group for a while now but never converted to using liquid chlorine. I've always used calcium hypo. But since I've battled cloudy water for most of this season, I've learned that it's more than likely the cal hypo. Needing to replenish my chlorine, I went looking for other options and found this at Lowe's. I bought 4 boxes. I calculated the price and it should be about $1 cheaper per application than the cal hypo. They had an entire pallet up on a rack in the back of the garden center. When the guy helping us was handing them to my son, one of the boxes leaked and splashed on my son's shorts making white spots so I know it is still potent. The guy said the pallet has been there for a couple of months. None were on the shelf with the Clorox and Pool Essentials brands. I used some last night so I will see how it does. Anyone else use this brand? Is there anything I should look out for when switching?20200727_101531.jpg

See that code on the side of the box 20120......

It was bottled the 120th day of 2020. April 29, 2020. Not real fresh, but OK>

Reactions: Farmerswife96
If you add the liquid following the Pool Math calculated recommendation you will know if there is an issue. Test your FC before adding the liquid, calculate the amount of 10% needed to reach your FC target, add it, run the pump for 45 minutes then test again. If your FC is below the calculated target either your estimated pool gallons is too high or your 10% has degraded. Liquid supplies are short now and they are dumping alot of their old stock.

You might check out Home Depot as well. They sell a 3 gallon box for about $10, but will reduce it to about $9 if you buy 4 at a time. As soon as my stock of chlorine is gone, I'll be buying direct from a chemical wholesale place.

Or switching to a SWG...

I was looking for the thread on liquid chlorine cost but unable to find a recent one. I am in Texas and buy at Leslie's (.287 per calculator), Home Depot (.282 per calculator), or I just found Pinch A Penny where it is .254 (per calculator) to refill their 2.5 gal jug. PaP also allows you to bring in your own large container (like 5, 10 gal) to fill directly at also the same price .254. Just thought I throw this out there for others to consider.

I'm in Houston. There is a Chemical Supply house which will fill your containers for $1.83/gallon 12.5%. I have 3 x 5 gallon containers and plan to take my Home Depot Gallon containers up.

Reactions: HermanTX
If you add the liquid following the Pool Math calculated recommendation you will know if there is an issue. Test your FC before adding the liquid, calculate the amount of 10% needed to reach your FC target, add it, run the pump for 45 minutes then test again. If your FC is below the calculated target either your estimated pool gallons is too high or your 10% has degraded. Liquid supplies are short now and they are dumping alot of their old stock.
I did this tonight and my FC went up to what I was shooting for so apparently it hasn't degraded much if any! They had it stored in a shady spot up on a rack. And the pallet was shrink wrapped really well with plastic.

Reactions: Oly

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.