i have a pool and a spa with a baja shelf. to add a bubbler to the baja shelf do you need additional motor?

rash

Jan 10, 2022
arizona
my pool is 38 x 17 with the spa and the baja shelf within the pool. the baja is next to the spa, if i want to add a bubbler to the baja shelf, do i need additional motor? no other water feature. please make recommendations.

you say the spa is "within" the pool - so you really only have 1 body of water - so a second pump is not needed.

Edit - If that is not accurate and you have separate suction for your spa and pool (2 bodies of water) - You only need a dedicated pump for the bubbler if you wish to operate the bubbler when in Spa Mode.
If you set it up to tee it off or your existing pump you will only be able to operate the bubbler in Pool Mode because the bubbler returns water to the pool. In Spa Mode you only draw suction from the spa so if you returned flow to the bubbler you would drain your spa over some length of time

you say the spa is "within" the pool - so you really only have 1 body of water - so a second pump is not needed.

Edit - If that is not accurate and you have separate suction for your spa and pool (2 bodies of water) - You only need a dedicated pump for the bubbler if you wish to operate the bubbler when in Spa Mode.
If you set it up to tee it off or your existing pump you will only be able to operate the bubbler in Pool Mode because the bubbler returns water to the pool. In Spa Mode you only draw suction from the spa so if you returned flow to the bubbler you would drain your spa over some lengt
so i should clarify - spa is included in the size of the pool. but it has walls and so i think it is a separate body of water? so in that case, i need an additional motor for the bubbler? in that case, cost for one bubbler seems to be quite hefty at almost ~ 3 K? sorry i am new to this and not able to provide info accurately. thank you for your patience.

I do not have an additional pump for my spa/pool w/ bubbler and water features and they all work just fine.

As Herman said, just be aware when you run your spa the bubbler will not work since all of the returns in the pool will shut off so the water is sent to the spa.

Reactions: Zmann
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.