I have 2 filter pumps, which should I use?

Aug 10, 2014
Sandusky, MI
I can't tell you how much I appreciate the knowledge and expertise found on this forum.

I have just upgraded from an Intex 12x30 to an Intex Ultra XTR 16' x 48". I have an Intex 14" filter that I used with my old pool with a
I can't tell you how much I appreciate the knowledge and expertise found on this forum.

I have just upgraded from an Intex 12x30 to an Intex Ultra XTR 16' x 48". I have an Intex 14" filter that I used with my old pool with a flow rate of 2800 gal/hr and a systemflow rate of 2150 gal/hr. I purchased the pump in 2014, and it has been left unused in my shed for 4-5 years. The Ultra XTR came with a 10" Intex filter pump. It has "hydro aeration technology", a pump capacity of 1200 gal/hr, and system flow rate of 1050 gal/hr.

The old pump was working fine when I last used it, but who knows what could have happened while it sat in the shed (not even sure if it was drained). Is the new intex pump sufficient for this pool, and to run an intex auto vacuum? Or should I give the old one a try? My husband and I are very adept at the whole pump connection experience (I had someone help me adapt the old pump to old pool and don't know how to do it), so I would prefer not to hook the old one up just to find out that it died a lonely death in the shed. Thanks for any help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.