I am having a hard time...

shingles

Bronze Supporter
Jun 12, 2017
Houston, TX
I probably have slight ocd. Maybe not clinical but you know I am sort of anal about certain things. The good news for me is testing the pool each day and cleaning it etc is good for it. I know what the pool condition is and I like it. I don’t find the daily testing or skimming a problem. BUT. BUT. But I struggle when we mow. We live on acreage and it’s wide open. It’s very breezy out here which is awesome for backyard living. Even if it is 90 out, because the House shades the backyard and there is good breeze. It’s awesome. But man if that wind doesn’t blow everything into the pool. Ugh. I struggle so much with that. Sigh.

I do have skimmer sock. It's more just I can't stand the grass in the pool. It's funny/sad. I skim it, looks good... walk away, more grass. Then I have to go skim again. My wife says to me, you KNOW it's going to do that for a couple of hours, why not just leave it be then skim it. But... I.Just.Can't.Wait.

You should be happy you don't have my pool that has pine trees around it that drop needles. Pool can be clean and a gust of wind sends pine needles into the pool.

A pool is a living dynamic part of the outdoor environment. It is not a surgically sterile room. Let it live.

But I struggle when we mow. We live on acreage and it’s wide open.
Same here outside San Antonio. My John Deere creates quite a dust storm when it's windy. While I can never control it, I "try" to cut the driest part of my acreage when the wind is blowing away from the pool. It's not perfect, but it helps. Once I scalped my back yard, the part that is mostly unused as a buffer zone, and the wind was blowing at the pool. I knew it but was in a hurry. I knew the first thing I had to do was check the skimmer sock. By the time I got to it the sock was coated with that matted grass material like a blanket. It's a wonder any water could get through. So I know.

But I try to watch the wind and thank goodness for the skimmer socks. I like the 1 gal paint strainers from Home Depot and they last me forever. Happy mowing! …. and swimming. :swim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.