hydropool serenity spa: Troubleshooting HOt Error

DreamZ

Mar 28, 2019
North Carolina
Hello,

I have a 2006 hydropool Platinum Series Serenity Spa and I have a HOt error that will not go away. During winter, the hose BIB cracked leaking out all the water leaving the spa drained. I found the issue about a months later and displaying HOt (solid).

This past weekend the tub was refilled, all the air was purged from the spa (2 x pumps via plugs and pump unions) and still nothing… My instincts tell me everything is ok and a relay maybe stuck.

What I know:
The high temp sensor reads 60.7 ohms, while the other sensor reads 61.5 ohms. The Balboa 4kw heating element is at 14.3 ohms and 240v. The water temp is around 57F or 14ish C. The read out tells me the sensors/heater are working but I'm unsure where I should go next? My system doesn't have a noticeable pressure/flow switch to test, and not sure if there is one present, but hidden or out of sight.

I'm pretty capable, so please don't hesitate to have me troubleshoot the board.

DreamZ, welcome to TFP! :wave: Figured I'd check to see if you were still having a heat/temp sensor issue? Let us know. Maybe we can ping an expert or two who can help. Sometimes, keeping a thread active helps to get more eyes on your problem. Have a great day. :swim:

Im guessing that this is a portable tub that is supposed to be hot all the time. MAYBE when the water drained out the heating element continued to heat to the point where it tripped a high limit that is not an auto reset type, meaning you have to track it down, and push the little red button to reset. Or its a one time use (thermal link) and must be replaced. The internet can sometimes supply owners manuals for these things (If you dont have one). I know when i picked up a used spa one time, that's all i got, the tub! Fortunately, i was able to track down the owners manual online.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.