Hydrogen Peroxide for Sanitation

Chuck B

Jan 23, 2019
Moncks corner, SC
Hello, First time in forum. I have a Softtub Spa 200, and stopped using chlorination 3 years ago, instead started using hydrogen peroxide. There have been no problem since with algae or bacteria. The spa is 200 gal. and I use one 32oz 3% bottle twice a week. Dollar Store has it for $.88 a bottle. For larger hydrogen peroxide 35% is available on line cheaply in large quantities.

Hello, First time in forum. I have a Softtub Spa 200, and stopped using chlorination 3 years ago, instead started using hydrogen peroxide. There have been no problem since with algae or bacteria. The spa is 200 gal. and I use one 32oz 3% bottle twice a week. Dollar Store has it for $.88 a bottle. For larger hydrogen peroxide 35% is available on line cheaply in large quantities.
Welcome to TFP!

You can run your pool any way you want and if you are happy with the results I'm happy for you. Hydrogen peroxide is not an EPA approved sanitizer and we at TFP will not endorse its use as a sanitizer by itself. Here is another thread that has some discussion on that topic, 33% H202(hydrogen peroxide) and Polyquat 60.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.