Hydraulics 101 - Have you lost your head?

Static head is related to the height of the water only (i.e. weight of the water). It doesn't require a sealed system (i.e. closed VRV). However, if the VRV does open, the pressure at the VRV becomes 0 PSI and the return side column of water will drain out at a faster rate than the supplied water replaces it.

But I would not be concerned with the above. The primary reason for a VRV is so the panels become self draining to prevent freeze damage. It is also useful if solar is turned off during the heat of the day. I would definitely plan on having a VRV. However, the placement of the VRV can be critical depending on the total plumbing design.

Thanks. Yes I'll plan to get that VRV installed soon.
The 75% of return head for 1.5" suction and 1.5" return pipe is pretty much spot on.

I have a 3 meter rise to the solar panels.
My gauge measures about 1.45 psi more when they are switched on. This equates to about 3.3 feet or 1 meter loss only. (including friction due to the extra piping)

Cheers

Hi, seems like you're the pro on the subject so I'll ask my question in here.

I'm making my own DIY pool nowadays, got my hole ready and all the ground is ready for cement pouring but i'm stuck with the whole plumbing!!!

1. Which pipes size should I use?
2. Which jets would work for the spa area and how many can work with my pumps?
My pump details:
HZS-300

Max flow: 9M³/H

Max Lift: 7M

Voltage: 220V-240V/50HZ

Power: 300 W

Outlet Size: 40 MM
Jets:
Are these OK: Mumusuki 1.5in Outdoor Swimming Pool SP-1434 Massage Pool Spa Massage Nozzle Accessory
Or these: Swimming Pool Massage Nozzle - Swimming Pool Nozzle Adjustable Massage Jet Water Outlet Bathtub Nozzle Pool Accessories

I've attached a scheme of how I Plan to do the plumbing, if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear that!

Attachments

• Pool plumbing Scheme.png
    Pool plumbing Scheme.png
    280.8 KB · Views: 9
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.