Hunting for Bearings

Mar 8, 2017
Largo, Florida
Hi All,

I'm looking for replacement motor bearings for my pump motor. I'd like to get some before tearing into the motor if possible, just to avoid downtime while I hunt around for the right bearings.

Pump Info:

Sta-Rite PHK2RA6E-102L
Sta Rite SuperMax
1-hp single speed pump
3450 RPM
Original Motor Number: 196249

I can't find reference to the motor manufacturer anywhere on the unit. I've scoured a number of cross-referencing charts found online (InyoPools.com, etc.) but I'm coming up empty as none of the tables seem to include either the Sta-Rite pump model number or the Motor Number.

Anyone know the trade size info for this particular pump/motor? Thanks in advance for any help - Attaching a pic of the nameplate in case that provides more relevant info.
P1250071_small.JPG

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes I had narrowed it down to Regal Beloit based on the label, but none of the numbers on the nameplate seem to match up with any of the Century motors. It seems this particular motor may be an OEM provided with the Sta-Rite pump unit and as such, doesn't carry a Century part number. I asked Pentair for info via email but they claim no knowledge, even though I included a photo of the nameplate with all of the relevant info. Next will be a similar email to Regal Beloit and we'll see what happens. Haha!

Read through the link I provided. It states if the numbers do not match up to call Century.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Both of them were NSK 6203DU bearings.

I’m replacing them with 6203DDU bearings (DDU is double sealed, DU is single sealed). Not saying I recommend that course of action, safest bet is whatever the manufacturer used.

Ok, I suspect that the bearings needed for this poster are probably also 6203.

Most likely, the poster will need to look as Regal Beloit does not always like to answer questions.

They might have a deal with Pentair not to provide information about motors made specifically for Pentair.

I suspect that Regal will probably refer them to Pentair and Pentair will probably say they don't know anything.

If you can't find what you need from the suggestions above try an industrial bearing supplier in Miami or Jacksonville. They may have a better cross reference guide and worst case should be able to measure the bearing and match it.

Thanks everyone. I've contacted Pentair, Regal Beloit, and Inyo Pools. Pentair passed the buck and didn't answer other than to say check with Regal Beloit. Regal Beloit has not responded at all, and Inyo Pools got back to me almost immediately with a recommended part number: 62032RS So I'll be ordering a pair of that size before I do the teardown and, if they aren't a match, I can always return/trade them for a size that matches what's in there now. At least this way I have a fighting chance of having the right bearings in my hand when I start the project.

Inyo seems to think, based on my supplied information about the pump/motor combination, that the motor is a Century 1.0 HP Square Flange 56Y Up Rate Motor - B2853

Appreciate all of the help and suggestions!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.