HTH test kit with Clorox OTO

rj2222

Jun 11, 2012
Michigan
I have the HTH 3 way kit, ran out of their OTO and all the store had was Clorox refills so I bought that. My HTH OTO required 5 drops but Clorox OTO bottle says 4 drops. I'm not sure how many to actually use those, can anyone help?

Last edited:
I'd go to the Clorox website and see if they have information to help you? Do they sell their own comparetor block that their OTO is intended for??

(I'm on a warpath with Clorox brand pool products and boycott them since so many of their pool products have hidden copper in them. Grrrrrr!)

Maddie :flower:

(I'm on a warpath with Clorox brand pool products and boycott them since so many of their pool products have hidden copper in them. Grrrrrr!)

Maddie :flower:

Drives me bonkers. We need the FB "Like" thumbs up, is that on the site yet?

BTW, I haven't had a chance to look it up yet but are the HTH 4-1 tablets containing copper too?

Right, ideally I would have gotten the HTH OTO if I could have. 3 stores didn't have it so my choices were off brand or Clorox. The HTH bottle says <1% OTO while the Clorox says .13%. I tried looking online to see if it said how much water each vendor's test 3 in 1 test kit held for the Cl Br test but couldn't find that. Maybe a chemical whiz on here can help.
I'm not mixing chemicals from different vendors. I want to short term use this Clorox OTO in the HTH plastic thing you fill with water.

Last edited:
I didn't mean actually physically mixing the two chemicals together. I'm in trying to use one company's chemicals in another company's comparator block. Because as you found they could have different concentrations and different shadings

Gotcha. I just wanted to clarify in case I confused anyone. I'm hoping somewhere will get the HTH in soon so I can go back to normal testing. Was just wondering if I could use the Clorox as a stopgap.
Plus I'm not even sure chemically how the test works so thought it was worth a post in case someone had any tips or tricks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.