Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi all,
We are really happy to own a pool for the first time ever... which also mean I have zero experience at keeping it clean. Once had a koi pond outside but I suspect goals for water quality are very different between the two :)

I have read the basics on chemistry in the pool school section, have ordered my test kit, and ready to download poolmath and start trying to keep the water nice and clear.
Note: I have also already learnt how to make a schedule for my pump (variable speed controled by an app = somewhat easy) and my chlorine generator (yes pool is salt water based), and know how to change the filter cartridge (filter was plumbed inverted by builder's plumber so cartridges blew up and I had to replace them... wanted to do it myself to control when pumps will be re-energized as did not want debris trapped on wrong side of filter media to be recirculating into the pool, nor new cartridges blown again if replaced before plumbing was fixed :)

I'll do my homework on the forum and website before I ask any question. Hoping to just report in a few weeks that I have it under reasonable control... wish me luck :cool:

Welcome to TFP! :wave: If you have any questions along the way just let us know.

Howdy from far west Texas, best place to learn about pools I have found out by reading all the posts. The archives are full of knowledge. I was using all kinds of chemicals before learning about tfp method. I can’t believe I just joined recently, glad your here.