How to Turn Off Water Supply to Spa?

I have a 16,000-gallon in ground pool with spa attached (see picture).

attachment.php

Water from the pump equipment area (see picture) runs into the spa and overflows down into the pool. The pool has water-lost of about 4 inches per week in hot summer days. I hired a pool leak detection company to check on pool leaks and they told me that the pool has no leaks and much of the water loss comes from the hot water overflow areas on top of the spa before falling into the pool.

attachment.php

My question: is it possible to turn off water supply from the pump area to the spa and which valves do I need to turn? I want to check the water level in the pool with no water in the spa. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Spa Pic - 03Nov17.jpg
    Spa Pic - 03Nov17.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 47
Welcome to the forum!

4 inches of water lost in a week in the summer in Texas can easily be evaporation. I lose over 1 inch per day in the summer here in the desert.

To stop your return flow to the spa turn the Jandy valve located after the SWCG such that the OFF position is pointed towards the SPA return. This will direct all the water to the pool returns.

Do not leave it at that setting for long. You need to circulate and chlorinate your SPA water daily. You could automate your process (would need to add automation and actuated valves) such that the valves would only direct water to the spa a specified amount of time each day.

Can you fill out a signature? See Pool School - Getting Started

Take care.

Check the water drop in the spa over night with no pumps running. If everything is set right it should not drop...at least in my case. That's how I can tell if I have a spa leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.