How to repair a crack in pool steps

goinflyn

Aug 19, 2017
new york, ny
I have wedding cake steps in a 24 x 12 above ground salt water pool. One of the steps has a 6” stress crack on the top of the step. The steps are 2 years old. Is there an adhesive to repair the crack and/or reinforce from underneath to prevent it from happening again?

Unfortunately there’s a plastic support cross webbing under the step. I tried using 3m emblem glue and that seemed to work for now. It started to soften the plastic and I was able to get the glue between the cracks and reattach. The steps look like they’re made from the same material as pvc pipe. Thanks for all your advice.

OK. I tried JB Weld Bondo type of mix this year. Steps have been in for 6 days. Still holding. The BONDO is on both sides and kinda squeezed thru onto both sides. Last time they broke the next day & the plastic weld just started peeling off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.