how to remove rust from concrete deck with a lemon.

Beantown843

May 13, 2019
Mt Pleasant, SC
TFP has been a great resource for me so I thought I would give back a little and share this fix I discovered. I bought a house with a pool that had some issues. One issue was that the previous owner had an old metal basketball hoop resting on the side of the pool. So, yes there were many deep and ugly rust spots at the side of the pool. I searched everywhere and was told "Metal out" and some other products may help but those all seemed to be for rust in the water. My rust is above the water line on the exterior concrete deck and lip of the pool. So, after many late nights searching the internet, I saw something about lemon juice. So, I went to the grocery store the next day bought two lemons, cut them up into quarters and I squeezed the juice directly onto the rust and even scrubbed the lemon wedge into the stain and walked away. The next day it looked a little better. So I did this 5 more times and over the course of about a week / week and a half, the rust is completely gone. Pool looks much better without the ugly stains and I couldn't be happier. BTW I originally tried lemon juice concentrate in a bottle.... negative results. So, cheap fix. Hope someone else benefits from this.

Arizona Rob, Thank you for the input but I have to disagree with your comment that the post is "worthless without pictures." I did not take any photos before initially doing this because 1) I was not sure it was going to work and 2) I really didn't think anyone wanted to see a picture of rust and then a picture of no rust (see attached) as this was not meant to be an instructional step by step post. With all due respect, I understand some people (like myself) like to see pics but I thought the commentary would be self explanatory. I was merely trying to pass along some hopefully helpful information to the community that has helped me in the past. Thank you. Ed

Attachments

• rust.jpg
    rust.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3275.jpg
    IMG_3275.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 7
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.