How to remedy new pool waterline tile out of level

reggie ho

Aug 26, 2019
Davis, CA
We’re redoing our pool coping and tile (not the plaster) and the tile guys installed the new tile about 1/2” out of level from one end of the pool to the other. The pool does seem to have popped up at one end — that or the beam was never level to begin with — and I’m wondering whether we should have them fix the out-of-level tile or live with it. I spotted the issue immediately, but my wife did not, and I think she’s inclined to live with it. We will have new poured cantilever coping going about 1 1/2 in over the edge of the tile, and I’m hoping that might make the issue less noticeable. A fix would apparently require either floating the beam at the low end of the pool (and moving the tile up) or chipping away at the beam at the high end (and moving the tile down). Any suggestions as to how we should proceed? Pics attached. (I lowered the water level to the bottom of the lowest point of the tile so the tile guys could see the gap.)

Thank you

Attachments

• 3C7FBE6E-A580-4388-AACF-2C8F3444F641.jpeg
    3C7FBE6E-A580-4388-AACF-2C8F3444F641.jpeg
    357.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 5E1DDBA5-F679-4DAD-80D8-EED9982F8298.jpeg
    5E1DDBA5-F679-4DAD-80D8-EED9982F8298.jpeg
    368 KB · Views: 39
Can you post a wider view of the pool? I want to see where your skimmer is and the natural water level would be.

I don’t think the 1/2” difference is going to be noticeable when the water is at the normal level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.