How to plug the return jets

Jun 10, 2018
BRISTOL, CT
I have two return jets going into the pool, which are two separate PVC lines underground coming up to the side of the house at the filter. The plugs for the return jet are tapered and seems like they can only get a 1/4" seal in the jet fitting. They end up falling out and then the water pressure sends the water back up the return lines. I am worried about the water freezing in the lines once the plugs fall out. Of course no more antifreeze in there or dry pipes. What advice to do you have to plug the return jets?

The return jet fittings have an internal thread, then a short adapter with external threads and a very small taper for the plug. The jet directional nozzle connects that that short adapter.

So I believe I put them in correctly today after looking at one of the posts here. I removed the short threaded jet positing adaptor and put the tapered expansion plug inside the pipe. Seems like it got a good seal that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.