How to lower Ph while increasing TA

Oct 21, 2018
Chico/CA
Hello, I'm new here and did not seem to find my particular problem on the forums. I have well water which is extremely alkaline. Ph is way above my ability to measure. It takes considerable dry acid to get it down below 8. I add 2 tablespoons at a time every 2 hours to bring it down. It actually takes a couple of weeks to stabilize the Ph. By that time I have also removed the TA but if I add Sodium Bicarb the Ph goes up again. How do I lower Ph while raising TA? My current numbers are: Ph 7.8, TA 70, CH 220. I recently added Boric acid. 1 lb. Have I made it more difficult to change my Ph? Should I use Muriatic acid since my Ph is so high?

Thanks, I have seen recommendations to keep Ph below 7.6 and TA over 80 but wasn't sure how critical that is.
That would end up with a constant battle of the pH rising and then adding acid which would lower both pH and TA and you would end up adding TA and then the pH would rise faster again. Rinse and repeat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.