How to keep Pump from flooding

CarolineM

Silver Supporter
Jun 20, 2018
Annapolis, MD
We had a lot of rain over the weekend and are expecting more this week. Along with the potential rains from Florence.

My pool pump is in a low lying area right now as we have not completed the pool house where it will be moved to. Yesterday the rain water came up pretty close to the pump.

How do I go about protecting it from flooding?

Thank you

Caroline

I am not sure what you can do. You can't raise the pump on bricks as it is hard piped.

Surround the pump with sand bags? That will keep water from rising to the pup but it may also create a pond collecting rain and not letting it drain away from the pump.

I think if the water gets up to the pump you should turn the electrical off to the pump at the breaker and make sure your SWG is also powered off. Pour a gallon of LC in the pool to keep the FC up. Then deal with the aftermath after the weather clears.

Thank you Allen.

I guess I could also put a sump pump in the area to drain away the water? Or a trash pump, as I believe they can handle more junk that may get into it?

I don't know the area but would be concerned that the water flowing toward the sump pump would overwhelm it's capacity.

If you have a sump pump then I would do the sand bags surrounding the pump and put the sump pump inside the circle to clear the rain from the small area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.