How to get algae out of fabric vacuum bag

Aug 9, 2013
Dallas, TX
I use a Leaf Master with a white fine-mesh fabric drawstring bag attached to remove leaves and other Spring tree droppings from my pool. This year, some green clouds started coming up from the bottom while I was vacuuming the leaves, and the white bag got covered in green algae. I tried putting the empty bag in the spa while I shocked the pool to try to bleach the stains out, but unfortunately that caused the fabric to get brittle and it ripped in multiple places. I went to get a new bag today ($30) before I resumed vacuuming this morning, and I would like to try to get the green stains out of it after I’m done with the shock/vacuum cleaning process. Can I run this bag through the laundry with regular detergent, or is there a better way to clean it?

I would wash mine in the washing machine, on cold, delicate & short cycle with a scoop of oxy, no detergent. Sometimes I'd toss a white or light color towel in with it, but not always.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.