How to fix low spots in pool deck

Fogy

Aug 8, 2020
Our pool deck has some algae-attracting low spots that I'd like to correct. The original contractor either didn't slope it enough, or some random settling occured.

Is it possible to fill the dip and bond the thin layer so the thinnest edges won't separate and start disintegrating? Can it be textured?

Demoing concrete is not that difficult. The right fix is to remove the old deck and pour a new one properly sloped. You can then check the subsurface and fix any areas where it was sinking.

Reactions: Fogy
Thanks. I estimate $6000 to demo and replace, assuming there's no problem working inside a pool cage, which is one option on the table. But my question was more about the feasibility of filling the dip in 2-3 spots with 1/4"-1/3" of crete and bonding agent. I just don't know if a patch like that is durable once sealed and painted over. Would like to try the cheaper option first, if it makes sense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.