How to find this Pentair pump model?

UnclePoolie

May 25, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Hi,

New here - finding a lot of helpful information, thank you!

My house came with an old pool system and I'm trying to figure out the model number of the pump as the sticker has almost peeled off. I believe it to be a Pentair WhisperFlo, just not sure the actual model (presumable there is more than one). Specifically, I'm trying to figure out if this is a one speed or two speed model, for the purposes of a LADWP rebate.

Is there a quick way to determine that? If it were a two speed, would there be some switch/setting to select the speed?

Photos:
IMG_5942.JPG IMG_5936.JPG
IMG_5935.JPG IMG_5937.JPG

Thank you!

1.5 hp whisperflo is 011514 for the energy efficient model which seems to be the most used.

What are you trying to accomplish?

If you're replacing the pump with a variable speed pump and want to file for a rebate, just have the installer verify that it's a single speed pump.

Either way, it's not going to change what you're going to do, right?

Where's the bond wire?

What are you trying to accomplish?

If you're replacing the pump with a variable speed pump and want to file for a rebate, just have the installer verify that it's a single speed pump.

Either way, it's not going to change what you're going to do, right?

I'm looking into replacing my pool equipment, which is dated. Based on the costs and rebates, I may decide not to upgrade the pump or upgrade it to a different model instead. So knowing what I'm up against will change what I need to do.

Where's the bond wire?

Good catch - I don't think it was ever there (yeah, not sure how it passed inspection). I'll get my guy to add it.

Thanks for the replies!

Is it wired for 240?

Remove the back electrical cover so that we can see the electrical wiring connections.

What breaker goes to the pump?

What does the on/off switch look like?

Is it wired for 240?
It is. The motor is 230V.

Remove the back electrical cover so that we can see the electrical wiring connections.
That's what I'm trying to avoid unless absolutely necessary.

What breaker goes to the pump?
IMG_5972.JPG

What does the on/off switch look like?
IMG_5956.JPG

As a side note, I got a couple of quotes to replace my equipment and they range from $5.8k-6.6, so that rebate definitely matters.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.