How to erase color light assignment on Jandy RS panel???

Aug 11, 2012
New York
How do you un-assign an AUX relay from being a color light on a Jandy RS-8 panel? System setup only seems to allow assigning a color light but not clearing it. "Clear memory" doesn't do it.

UPDATE: Apparently un-assigning a color light can only be accomplished with a Jandy One Touch panel. I downloaded the AquaLink RS Simulator (AquaLink_RS_Simulator.EXE) from the Jandy site, installed in on my laptop, plugged an RS485 dongle attached to the Jandy into the laptop, and was able to unassign the AUXes using the OneTouch PC app. <sigh of relief>

Last edited:
Interesting problem and creative fix. What control panel do you have on your Aqualink? The All Button panel?

Can you post a link on where to find the AquaLink RS Simulator?

Very interested reading about Swimming Pool Lighting problems.
Generally the problem is on day one when they tried to make the pool look like Christmas Tree.
And of course the lights were designed by so Geek who had never built a pool.
After 30 years of fixing pools and lighting I have set 2 and designed a Wet Niche designed Led Pool Light.12 Volts DC for safety.
And Suprise Suprise the Cable in contact with the Water is Silicone yes not PVC that breaks down over time.. These Kiwi Pool Light are so simple

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.