How to control lights with iAqualink AND manual control?

pw40

Jun 16, 2020
Hi -

Have a Aqualink Z4 with iAqualink set up. New Jandy RGB pool light is installed. Works fine cycling through the colors using the lightswitch outside the poolhouse.

I plan to connect that to the Z4 so that I can control the light with the app.

However this house is often rented out - how could I give renters the ability to turn on the light while still having iAqualink control?

Best thing I have come up with is a "timer switch" like for a fan, that would turn the light on for an hour, and wire that in parallel with the relay on the Z4.

I feel like someone must have solved this already, no?

Thanks!

Best thing I have come up with is a "timer switch" like for a fan, that would turn the light on for an hour, and wire that in parallel with the relay on the Z4.

I don;t see a problem with that although I don't think the timer switch will change the light colors. You will just need to try it and see how the timer switch interacts with the color changing.

Can't you control it from the z4 panel? Is it internet enabled where you could put an old tablet computer with the Aqualink app?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.