How to connect both the Intex skimmer AND a Kreepy Krauly sweep?

garycordell

Jun 16, 2021
Keaau, Hawaii
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi again-- I want to connect my Kreepy Krauly sweep to my Intex Ultra pump inlet along with the Intex Skimmer. Is there an adapter that allows both to connect at the same time, or one that I can switch between them?
Thanks, Gary

Does your pool not have 2 inlets (suction ports)?
Most intex ones do although they are usually connected on the outside of the pool w/ a y type fitting so they are essentially one suction line. Not sure if the pump is capable of running both effectively at the same time.
please fill out your signature so we can better answer your questions & pics of your set up are helpful too.

What model is your pool pump? If it is anything less than 2500 gph you will have a hard time with it using the skimmer by itself let alone adding a floor cleaner at the same time. My intex 2500 gph cartidge filter runs my over the wall intex skimmer ok when the other suction is open, but works pretty well when it is capped off, so i run it capped off all the time. When the filter gets dirty the skimmer has trouble but thats because the pump is working hard to push water thru the dirty filter. Whenever i sweep the debris off the pool floor, i disconnect the skimmer from the suction lone and use that to use my vacuum. When im done i have to clean the filter and then hook up skimmer. It works as i do it, so wanted to give you some of my personal experience with my setup so you have some information to use to make a decision.

I kinda figured I would have to switch between them, but wanted to see if there is another solution.
My new pump is rated at 2400 gph. There is only one outlet port to the pump, so whatever I do has to be inside the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.