How to clear a green pool first time pool owner pls help

Karen,
Can you post a picture of the pool, 1 in deep section, 1 by the steps so we can see color and clarity. Also you will have before and after picks for when your pool sparkles. Also is there another pool store in your area, besides Leslie's, I like the independent ones. Hopefully you will not need to go in very often, online and Walmart, Target usually have better prices, but I do use a independent pool store because they sell 12.5% chlorine 5 gals for $13, sometimes cheaper on sale, and it is fresh and they sell a lot of it. Still do not get water tested there.

So after I get my test kit how will I find out the shock level ?

You will run a complete set of tests and then use the CYA/FC chart. The link to that chart is in post #15 here in your thread.

One of the best things you can do while you wait on your test kit is read pool school. The link for that is on the top of this site.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.