How out of vertical can uprights be before it matters?

rootusrootus

Gold Supporter
Aug 27, 2021
Oregon
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
We installed our AGP this weekend. When installing the wall and connecting the ends together, we found that it was a bit tight. I kicked a couple of base plates a small amount, and then we managed to get it lined up to get the bolts in. But ... here's where I think we made a mistake. The bottom fit pretty good, but the top was pulled a little farther apart, so we jiggled things around a bit until we could get it lined up enough to bolt, and thought we were good. But I noticed that one of the stabilizers popped off during that action. No biggy, right, I put it back on, we kept on working.

Now... the wall isn't perfectly vertical in all spots. It kinda alternates, in one direction the wall leans in about half an inch, and in the other direction it leans out about half an inch. Just enough that if you are anal retentive like me, when you stand back aways you can just perceive that a couple uprights aren't perfectly vertical. Nobody else sees it, but I'm used to that, I'm the one that always sees things like this.

How much can they be out of whack before it's a defect that is worth draining to fix? I did a decent job of leveling, if I do say so myself ;-), and the entire track is within 1/8 inch of level. I did not use pavers, for various reasons, one of which is because the ground is about half gravel in this area and it's very hard surface as a result.

Since you have not received any other answers I would say you just have to monitor the situation. Record how off to uprighst a e now. Check them periodically. If everything is stable then you are good. If things begin shifting then it may be time to take it down and try again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.