How old is this Aquabot model? It somehow still works!

achenx75

Jun 4, 2022
Central New Jersey
I moved into a house with a pool recently and tucked in the corner of the shed was a faded box with a very old looking pool cleaner. I figured it was junk since the power supply was rusty and everything was faded or sun bleached. Today out of curiosity, I decided to plug it in and see if anything would happen. At first there was nothing, not even any whirring sounds from the power supply. But then the robot began to move and to my surprise, it works!

Now I'm curious...does anyone know how old this thing is?

Note: On the side of the box, it advertises that it was used in the 1996 Summer Olympics. If this thing is from the 90's that's insane.

Last edited:
Aquabot Rapids 4wd going strong since June 2013. I expect it to die any day. I use it 3 hours every 2 or 3 days, pull it out and put it in a cabinet.

I moved into a house with a pool recently and tucked in the corner of the shed was a faded box with a very old looking pool cleaner. I figured it was junk since the power supply was rusty and everything was faded or sun bleached. Today out of curiosity, I decided to plug it in and see if anything would happen. At first there was nothing, not even any whirring sounds from the power supply. But then the robot began to move and to my surprise, it works!

Now I'm curious...does anyone know how old this thing is?
I believe this is the manual for it off you don't have one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.