How Often Should I Brush/Vacuum the Pool?

Litespeed

Bronze Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Twin Cities MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Just closing in on one year with the pool and since finding this site, pool maintenance has been easy, and I've had wonderful, clear sparkling pool water all summer. My question is how often I should be brushing/vacuuming the pool? We don't have any trees nearby and we keep it covered when we're not using it. The skimmers don't catch much debris (there just isn't that much to catch!). So, I've really been brushing/vacuuming it about once every couple weeks and the water has been staying clear and test results are good, too. The latest results from my kit:

FC 5
CYA 60
TA 200
CH 250
PH 7.6

Am I asking for trouble not brushing / vacuuming more often?

Brushing serves more purpose than just scooping up schmutz. It also disrupts any algae (even near invisible stuff) and biofilm algae makes and gets it into circulation and lets the chlorine get to it.

Once a week would be fine for your pool. And knowing how real life is- once every two weeks would probably be fine too.... but once a week is the common advice given. LOL

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.