How often do you add Chlorine?

ldelatorre

Jul 3, 2018
Seminole, FL
I'm finding out I have to add between 60 and 80 ounces of liquid chlorine (10.5%) plus acid every other day to keep the recommended levels. Is this normal? Pool temperature this time of the year is in the high 80s/low 90s.

TA 80
CH 425
CYA 40

Yeah this time of year I add chlorine maybe 2 to 3 days a week, and acid maybe once a week. In the winter I add chlorine every 2 to 3 weeks, to a bit under slam level. Some people go every day if they want more of a constant level, I let mine drift up and down a bit. Never had an issue.

60-80 ounces is right around 5 ppm of FC in your pool. If that's all you add every 2 days, that's fine. We just don't like to see a pool use more than 4 ppm in 24 hrs without good reason (i.e. pool party). Before my SWG, I used to add chlorine to my pool every day like clockwork when I went out to check the skimmer. In some cases, you can get-by feeding the pool every 2-3 days, but not much longer unless it's winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.