How Often Do You Add Bleach

EddieO

May 5, 2012
Crestwood Ky
For the last 5 years I've gone to the TFP method for maintaining my pool. Every year I need to add a 121 oz. bottle of bleach a day to my pool. It's like this every year. My pool is in the sun most of the day. This year I screwed up a little and my CYA is around 80. There isn't a difference in adding bleach because of that, since last year my CYA was 10-20 and I still added the same amount.
How often and how much bleach do you add?

Eddie

I would assume you were burning FC pretty fast last year because your CYA was so low. However, are you saying you are still adding that much each day with 80CYA? What is your FC before adding and then after adding? You could possibly be overshooting your target, causing chlorine to burn faster than it would be in your target range

Also, what is your bleach strength and how are you storing it?

I'll do the overnight test. I live in Crestwood KY. Only people getting in my pool are my 2 kids and wife and they haven't been in for 2 days. I might have something eating up my bleach.
I had mustard algae 3 years ago.

I usually put in 1 121oz jug every other day when my cya is around 30. This year I accidentally doubled cya and it uses a bit less - if we don't swim I can wait 2 days sometimes. Depends on the weather, bather load, how many squirrels fell in, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.