Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My FusionSoft 1400 has a cutoff of 50 degrees. Below that it will not produce. My water temp is 54. I put it on 20% because I know I don't need much chlorine right now and I don't want to overload it. Does anyone know if the low temp affects either the amount of chlorine that will be produced or the longevity of the cell? After 3 seasons of TFP my cell looks new almost no buildup at all on it! :)

If the Fusion Soft works like other Zodiac/Jandy cells then this should apply...

Low temp will not affect the longevity of the cell. Only a question of how much chlorine you will get out of it. So test your water regularly.

@Leebo - the below is no longer valid. I've rewritten it if you want to change it on the above link.

Original:
An optional Spool Piece (sold separately) is available to replace the cell during winterizing or cell maintenance. This will enable pool pump to circulate water with the cell out the of line.

New:
This applies to the Jandy AquaPure and the Nature2 FusionSoft as they are sister products. An optional "Spool" Piece (sold separately) used to be available to replace the cell during winterizing or cell maintenance. This piece has been discontinued and is no longer available. In addition, the AquaPure threads are proprietary and Jandy does not offer replacement proprietary unions (the "male" piece). If removing the cell is desired so that water may circulate without the cell, specialized plumbing would need to be added during installation of the cell. One method is an additional PVC union after each end of the cell. This method would require the purchase of 4 unions. 2 for when the cell is installed and 1/2 of the other 2 unions (the "male" 1/2) for creation of the bypass pipe.

@Leebo - the below is no longer valid. I've rewritten it if you want to change it on the above link.

Original:
An optional Spool Piece (sold separately) is available to replace the cell during winterizing or cell maintenance. This will enable pool pump to circulate water with the cell out the of line.

New:
This applies to the Jandy AquaPure and the Nature2 FusionSoft as they are sister products. An optional "Spool" Piece (sold separately) used to be available to replace the cell during winterizing or cell maintenance. This piece has been discontinued and is no longer available. In addition, the AquaPure threads are proprietary and Jandy does not offer replacement proprietary unions (the "male" piece). If removing the cell is desired so that water may circulate without the cell, specialized plumbing would need to be added during installation of the cell. One method is an additional PVC union after each end of the cell. This method would require the purchase of 4 unions. 2 for when the cell is installed and 1/2 of the other 2 unions (the "male" 1/2) for creation of the bypass pipe.

Thanks. I updated it.

Reactions: PoolGate
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.