how much water loss these days - SFO bay area

norcalpool1

Silver Supporter
Sep 16, 2017
Silicon Valley,CA
Hello SFO bay area pool owners,

How much water is being evaporated in your pool these days (June 1st week)?

My pool is losing about 1/3 inch in about 20 hours. Newly replastered pool, new main drain at the bottom of the pool, new pool light, new filter. I don't see any leak on the equipment pad.
Last few days, the temperature here (Fremont/Newark/Union City, CA, USA) has been in the low 60's, mostly cloudy except one day. Humidity 70%, and Windspeed 10-15mph for a few hours a day.

Thanks.

The recent light winds are the most likely culprit. I just now turned on the fill spigot and was thinking how I just added an inch of water 2 days ago even though it hasn't been hot.

Are you getting lots of pollen floating on the surface too? I am netting the surface multiple times per day and cleaning out the skimmer sock every other day on the side that receives the wind.

I haven't tried the bucket test yet. I will try it next.

It has been breezy and that brings a lot of pollen, flowers and leaves. The pool is never fully clear of the plant material on the surface. The skimmer traps some, but still there is quite a bit caught in the eddy currents.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.