How much liquid chlorine will I be using weekly (what is your guess based off experience)?

AMoo

Jul 2, 2019
AZ - Arizona
I have a plaster in ground play pool that is roughly 12,000 gallons and have been using chlorine pucks until today when I stumbled on to these forums. The Pool School is great and just leaves me wondering if I use store bought bleach 8%, roughly how much can I expect to add in AZ during the summer months once I get my pool stabilized and in spec with Pool School recommendations?

e.g. a gallon a week or 10 gallons a week?

I am new to pool maintenance and this may be a dumb question, but am just wondering what to expect on a regular basis when things are stabilized.

Welcome to the forum!
Most pools use 2-5 ppm of FC each day if the CYA in the water is at an appropriate level. In the lower elevations of Arizona, I would use 50 ppm CYA if you are chlorinating with liquid chlorine.
PoolMath will give you the volume of liquid chlorine you will need based on the volume of your pool, the FC loss each day, and the strength of liquid chlorine you have. Most household bleach is now 6%. Be sure it is plain bleach. Or get 10% at Walmart or pool stores.
How are you testing your pool water chemistry?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.