How much leak is acceptable, would it even be possible to detect a leak this slow in the bottom of an intex

unheated9447

Jun 4, 2023
Nj
Short story: here are two pics 12 hours apart and I can’t tell if there’s a difference.

I just got my intex out of storage and set it up. I see that some areas around the base of the pool on the tarp have little puddles that come back if I wipe. We set it up in the rain, so it could be water that was under the pool being squeezed out? Or it could be a leak. I took two pictures twelve hours apart and the levels are so close I can hardly tell. I thought the difference would be more dramatic, my original pic isn’t really clear enough to tell the small difference.

(Ignore the green marks)

Yesterday 7pm, followed by today 8am.
IMG_9892.jpegIMG_9894.jpeg

Awfully hard to tell what's what in these photos. Have you measured the water level with a tape measure? Some evaporation is normal, especially with cooler nights.

Gold standard test is the bucket test.

If you look at the right hand side where I indicated with the arrows, you can use the tile pattern to see that the water level has barely changed. It looks like about as much as you would expect from evaporation. I’m pretty sure there is a leak but it’s very slow, like low single digit gallons per day.
IMG_9913.jpeg