How much difference does height make?

Chungus

Gold Supporter
Jul 14, 2019
Texas
I really hate the way my pool valves are set up. I have to climb over a bunch of things to get to them. The only way to remedy it is run the pipes coming out of the ground for the skimmers and main drains up to height of about 3’, 90 them over about four feet and put the valves there. Any issues with this? Mainly concerned about the extra height the water would have to be lifted to get to the pump.

Here are a couple pictures. In green is how I plan to run the pipes coming from the skimmers and cleaning port. The pink will be the valve locations which will be accessible from the walkway to the right. The pump will be moved up against the filter by the walkway so it is easy to clean basket. There is not room between the fence and pipes to walk on that side so to get to anything one has to climb over all the electrical to get to anything.

The current set up is also less than ideal as we changed how things are configured which resulted having to reroute pipes. Initially we had one skimmer feeding the secondary pump for the water features and the main pump was connected to the other skimmer and main drains. Now the main drains feed the water feature and both skimmers are connected to the main pump. It is just kind of cobbled together.

Attachments

• IMG_7502.jpg
    IMG_7502.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7503.jpg
    IMG_7503.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 22
My main pump is an Intelliflo 3hp variable and the secondary is a superflo 2.5 HP.

I am redoing the pipes regardless as I hate the cobbled together way it is. I already bought new valves and unions for the pumps. The only time we really jack with the valves is when vacuuming the pool. It is a lain getting to them as well as the pump to clean the basket. The wife complains a lot about it and understandably so.
Right now the the maximum height of the pipes is no more than 2’ above water level in the pool. All I really need to know is if elevating these pipes up to where water will need to be pumped say 5’ above water level in the pool will cause problems.

Your pump can handle a 5' lift in the water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.