How much Concrete decking around pool?

dmlk

Jun 28, 2020
Ohio
I'm sure this question is asked a lot but for those who have had their pools, is the decking just as important. If not more?! As you can see in the photo we already have a very large amount of patio pavers close to the home, then you will step down and that will all be concrete. I think after the step down will be about about 8ft of concrete. We will have a slide in the deep end and more concrete over there. On the side of the pool with the automatic cover, how much concrete? Was thinking 6 ft, enough for kids to run through. What about the side opposite of the home? Was thinking 5 feet on opposite side of patio. Is that enough for a chair or 2. Thanks in advance! * Don't mind the mess, everything is torn apart right now..*

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_57e5.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_57e5.jpeg
    713.7 KB · Views: 83
I went with 9 ft on 2 sides of my rectangle and 5 ft on the other 2. 2 people can easily pass each other on the 5 ft sides, or one person passing a chair. On the long 9ft side, loungers fit fine with plenty of room to walk past but it’s not enough for a table and chairs. Yours will stay up by the house so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Reactions: dmlk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.