How many years have you had your fiberglass pool?

42 years. 2 foot long cracks at top on deep end sides that showed up about 15 years ago, but they don't seem to leak. Had pool patched and resurfaced shortly thereafter, but cracks reappeared within a year. Other than that, no problems other than it's still in swamp mode. :oops: My current revival thread

Reactions: Josh connell
2002. The only issue I had was a broken suction fitting for a cleaner. I capped it off and left it for a couple years. When I redid concrete we dug it out and fixed it but it turned out the contractor put it in wrong.
So all good.

We had a hybrid pool - cement bottom with fiberglass walls. The usual spider cracks in the gelcoat coping but after about 10 years, we started getting blisters in the gelcoat. These eventually cracked and required the entire pool to be renovated. The only reliable longeavity information you'll get is from owners with pools 10-30 years old.

Should clarify my previous "trouble" report on my now 42 year-old pool. I have (2) 1 ft cracks that don't leak. When I had the pool resurfaced, it was partly because of the cracks, but mostly because of the gelcoat blisters that were starting to appear. I'd forgotten to mention that. :rolleyes:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.