How long is "testing water" good? Maybe a crazy question...

Cody

Bronze Supporter
Aug 17, 2014
Prosper, TX
My Mom lives about a 3.5 hour drive from me...I'm trying to help her convert to a Trouble Free Pool so I want to run a complete test of her water for her. She's driving up to visit next week....if I have her take a sample of her pool water, will it be fine to test 4 hours later once she arrives at my home? I've never considered it, and assume it would be fine, but wanted to weigh in here...

The FC and pH may be slightly effected. If the bottle is capped and kept out of the sunlight, it will help.

What we did when I was a water microbiologist was keep the sample chilled til it could be tested (we'd pull several samples in a day and test them all at the same time). Have her put the sample in a small cooler with about an inch of ice on the bottom. That will keep it stable for the ride. Then when she gets there, set it out on the counter for an hour until it reaches room temp. Shake it well then test it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.